Friday, July 11, 2008

Here Mousie, Mousie


At the Basin abode, I (mom) have been having a nightly stand-off with the mousie. The turd in my oatmeal was the last straw. Didn't have any snap traps, so I set the 'Tin Cat' and within a few hours, the mousie was entrapped.

But ooooooh, so cute! Those beady little eyes, and such huge ears! I couldn't bring myself to be its executioner. Besides, this is a park, for pete's sake, and its a native mouse. And, we've bonded.

So, I stuffed some carrot bits into the trap and went to bed. First thing this morning, I released it to the trash can, took some photos, and marched down the road in my bunny slippers and PJ's to let it go. I was afraid to be caught wandering in my outfit, lugging the trash can, so I didn't go too far. Perhaps s/he'll come back?