Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July




Ok, so "the boy" still has never caught a fish in the wild. I know, I know, it seems, well, pathetic.

But that's the truth. (May be related to his father being a vegetarian, but lets leave that to the shrinks when he gets older. . .)

So, on 4th of July, they decided it was time to go fishing. And, it was "free fishing day" (no license required for the adults), so the boy and his dad decided to go catch some fish.

Then, my car broke down. (The most dependable one, too, the Honda. I think it has to do with the fact that "the dad" was researching new cars to buy all day, and it was some sort of cosmic retribution). So, they had to come rescue me, and the dog and I joined them. We went down to camp 9, on the Stanislaus. It was very nice. But, still no fish.

We stayed until dark, then I threw "the boy" a can of herring, and he "caught" some fish.